Hello and welcome to week four of my link up 'Reading together'. Last week I was very happy to receive two link ups which was great to see. Thank you so much to Rebecca from All about u for a fab selection of bedtime stories, we especially love 'The stick man'. Also, shout out to Vicky from Single Mother Ahoy for linking up her lovely book review of The dry-ventures of Ellie and Eddie. A story about two children with dry skin and how they discover what irritates their skin the most.
Our favourite book this week
Alfie brought this book back from his school library and we absolutely love it. It is called 'Aesop's Funky Fables' written by Vivian French and illustrated by Korky Paul. There are a collection of short stories, many we have already heard of such as The boy who cried wolf, the tortoise and the hare and the wolf and the stork. There are also some new stories which are Jackdaw and the pigeons, the fox and the crow, the traveler and the bear. I really liked how the tales in this book have animal characters placed in human roles and I think that was what drew Alfie into choosing this book. I also liked how at the end of each tale, the overall lesson, or concept is put at the bottom. This is good for the boys who are still fairly young and may not understand the overall lesson that fables tell in each of the stories. The illustrations are beautiful and detailed and help to bring the story to life. Due to its short stories, it a perfect book for the boys to read aloud to me before bedtime, especially if they are feeling a little tired.
- Please add my badge to your posts
- Link up your book related posts which can be reviews, what you read together or just a single picture of you reading together.
- It will run from Thursday 12am till Wednesday
- Can be old or new and as many as you like
- When you add your link, please make sure they lead to your book related posts and not your blog's homepage. It may be difficult for me to find.
- Share your link up on twitter using #readingtogether and tag me @gemma_stevens so I know to retweet and comment on your post.
- Try and comment on other posts in the link up.
- Instagram posts are also welcome.
- Enjoy reading