Following up from my bucket list for my 30's post, I wanted to write a part two on what I have learned in my 29 years of life in the lead up to my 30th birthday next month. I always think about what I have experienced, accomplished and learnt over the years and I have put 29 of them in a list below.
1. Growing up, it may have felt like your parents were ruining your life by not allowing you to get your own way. Now I realise they were doing their best. Be grateful for what your parents did for you, their rules helped you become the person you are today and will help you to guide your own children.
2. Invest in memories, not stuff. Avoid temptation to spend on things you do not need, it is important to save for the future.
3. Do not be afraid of therapy. Life is hard and you are going to hit rock bottom sometimes so it is important to seek help and talk to people.
4. Do not compare yourself to others. My story/ path in life is unique and only I can control it. Live life to it's fullest and trust that everything will work out ok.
5. Keep your heart rate up. Working out everyday, even if it's only for ten minutes, really helps to make a difference in your mood and health.
6. Avoid making sudden decisions after a bad day. Give yourself a day or two before making important changes in your life.
7. No matter how old you are, you can still achieve your dreams. Never give up on what you want in life.
8. Clean up your messes, apologise for your wrong doings, and sort out those problems. It is important to go to bed at night with a clear mind.
9. Let it go, you can't change your past but you can shape your future.
10. There will always be people that don't like me and I shouldn't attempt to change their minds. Only concentrate on those that love you.
11. I am not the only person in the world that suffers from anxiety, fear and low confidence. I am not alone so seek support, its out there.
12. Time doesn't always heal wounds, I have to take control of healing myself.
13. Most people are more busy thinking about themselves than obsessing over you so stop being paranoid and lose that feeling that people are judging you.
14. It's usually never, ever as big a deal as we think it is.
15. Don't ever make someone feel insignificant or inadequate. Do not bully people or hold on to people's mistakes. You are not above anyone, be kind to those you serve you, look after you, and help you.
16. Love as much as you can, with every single relationship who have, even if you keep getting hurt. Love is the best feeling and its rare to find. Do not base new relationships on your old ones, you might ruin your chance of finding the one.
17. Be present. Don't live in the past, live each day, savour every moment, and give it your all.
18. Read as much as you can. Concentrate on writing that inspires you, keeps you informed and takes you into a different world. Read for pleasure but also try to read something that challenges you.
19. If it feels wrong, it probably is. Trust your instincts.
20. Ask questions. People around you may know something that you don't so treat them like a teacher. Also don't be afraid to ask questions on dates, at a job interview or with new friends. Make people feel like you are interested in what they have to say.
21. Appreciate and work hard at your job. Jobs are precious and there are some many unemployed people out there who would love to take your place.
22. Appreciate what you have. There are lots of people in the world you have no running water, no roof over there heads, no food and no family/friends.
23. Despite all your self convincing that it wont happen to you, yes you will develop winkles, grey hair and a slow metabolism.
24. People are not mind readers. Don't be afraid to ask for something you need.
25. Being a parent is hard, especially as a working single mum. Mummy guilt is a real thing but you are doing a good job, your children will appreciate you.
26. Your kids will grow up fast, let them but treasure every day with them. You will never regret the time you spend with them. You will, however, regret the time you didn't spend with them.
27. Get on the floor with your kids. They need the interaction with you.
28. Life doesn't stop after having children. It might temporarily put a hold on a few things, but life only gets better with children. I find myself having more motivation, passion, purpose, and drive with everything I do. Everything I do is for my boys, there's no better feeling than that.
29. You don't know it all, there is always more to learn. Here's to the next 30 years